Friday, October 13, 2017

Stardog by Laurie A. Green [Review]

Stardog by Laurie A. Green
Stardog (Inherited Stars) by Laurie A. Green
Format: ebook
Source: purchased as part of the Pets in Space anthology
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 15, 2017

Inherited Stars
0.5. Farewell Andromeda
1. Inherit the Stars: Flight
2. Inherit the Stars: The Network
3. Inherit the Stars: Sacrifice
StardogKindle

Laurie A. Green
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Navigator Taro Shall has a mission no one wants – find a way to eradicate snakes on a starship. He never expects to find the answer to his problem in a charming street vendor named Adini. His already unusual mission becomes more complicated when he suddenly acquires an adorable StarDog that soon sweeps him and Adini into the maw of a brewing insurrection.
Thoughts on Stardog: I liked this one. A lot. The worldbuilding was intriguing. A little complex, but the fun type of complex. The bad guys were only touched upon, but they seemed awful enough to carry their villainy through an entire series. The good guys were...well, mostly good. I assume. They sorta skated that border between doing good and doing questionable things to keep the bad guys on their toes.

It worked. That's what I'm trying to say. It worked and I liked it. I liked the technology. I liked Taro and Adini. I liked Adini's contribution to the crew of the starship.

I'm intrigued and want to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment